Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Teens (MBSR-T)
Train Your Brain
14-18 years old
- 1.5 hour classes
- Meet once a week for 8-weeks
- Other materials to support practice
Supported $250 per person
Course Fee $300 per person
Supporter $350 per person
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Teens (MBSR-T) is a researched-based online-facilitated experiential mindfulness program that provides activities and practices for teens to explore, discover, and develop their inner tools to help cope with stress in daily life, such as school, family, worries, relationships, and health. MBSR-T is an adaptation of the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program for adults (Kabat-Zinn, 1982, 1990, 2013) and is based on secular adaptations of mindfulness practices with roots in Eastern meditation traditions.
This program takes a mind-body approach and focuses on the whole person. Teens often have difficulty with their social skills, emotions, confidence, procrastination, impulsivity, and attention. Stressed Teens can improve a teen’s functioning and quality of living socially, physically, and psychologically.
MBSR-T teaches fundamental and foundational mindfulness skills and then encourages teens to direct their attention to the positive, to self-care, to direct their attention on that which nourishes and fills them up rather than on that which drains and depletes them.
The program was developed by Gina Biegel and adapted from MBSR.
MBSR-T seeks to meet teens where they are developmentally and use language, references, and stories that are relevant to them. MBSR-T maintains the integrity of its foundations in psychology and mindfulness, while creating interventions pertinent to today’s 21st-century teen.
Possible benefits of learning MBSR-T are many:
· Improved emotion regulation and metacognition
· Realistic shifts in perceptions and appraisals of stress
· Decreases in stress and suffering
· Improved overall mental and physical health and well-being
· Increased sense of agency, control, coherence, and power
· Insight into the sources of strength that come from within
· Decreases in negative coping skills and increases in positive coping skills
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Teens w/ Scott and Carolyn
Fridays, June 18 – August 6
12pm – 1:30pm
on Zoom LIVE